Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mesto Pesto, if you please

This is my first time making pesto with my new food processor that I "purchased" this past spring with my Westlaw points (legal research database in law school). I went a little wild here because I made a lot of pesto. I couldn't help myself, it smelled so amazing in here.

Mesto = Morgan's Pesto
Ingredients:
2-3 cups of fresh basil (not from the spice jar, but from a plant that was recently living)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of pine nuts (you can toast them in a pan for a different taste - either way it tastes good)
4 garlic cloves - smashed
1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of fresh grated pecorino romano cheese
salt
pepper

Directions: Add the pine nuts to the food processor and pulse off and on for about 5 to 10 seconds. Next add the basil, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic (smashed) and cheese. Take a spatula and scrap down the edges  to make sure everything gets blended in together. Set aside or use immediately.

MESTO PESTO

This is just a little pumpkin I made Thursday night in honor of my dog, Carmen. WOO. 

We went to my roommate's brother's college football game yesterday - this is a nice license plate from a Kentucky resident. 


So I decided to use the pesto this morning (you're welcome everyone else I speak to on this beautiful day). I made some pesto focaccia and pesto scrambled eggs. 

Pesto Focaccia alla Morgan
Ingredients: 
Dough (See recipes from previous posts) 
Pesto 
Italian cheese
Corn Meal
Kosher Salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. 

Sprinkle the corn meal on the bottom of the pan so the dough will NOT stick or BURN. You can be generous here to save your focaccia. Roll out the dough how you see fit. I punch it in the air and pinch the ends in a circular formation until it is to my liking (see below). Spread the pesto around the dough. The sprinkle with cheese and the kosher salt. 

Cook for about 20-30 min at 300 degrees. Rotate the pan (my oven is elderly, so I have to rotate, if your oven is juvenile, you are lucky) so all sides get nice and brown.  This is what mine turned out like: 

yum. 

oooo. 

ahhhhh. :) 

I also made pesto scrambled eggs this morning for us. 
Ingredients: 
4 large eggs
1/3 cup of fat free milk
italian cheese mix
Salt 
Pepper
Pesto

Directions: Add a few scoops of pesto into a small mixing bowl. Add 4 whole eggs, the milk and beat the eggs until they are consistently yellow. Add to skillet and scramble to your liking. Add cheese and you are done! I made some bacon and some grits for it. I also added some Texas Pete hot sauce (because I should own stock in it and I love it). 





Happy Sunday! 


2 comments:

  1. oh that pizza and Pesto Focaccia looks amazing!

    also, impressive jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete