Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Salt Block Italian Chicken Breasts - ATL Style

So now that I am in Atlanta and have a plethora of good grocery stores at my disposal, today I explored the new Publix. Apparently, this new Publix is the new standard for Publix stores across the south east. It felt like a Whole Foods and an Earth Fare mix. It was nice. They had a cheese station (which, clearly, after my complimentary espresso gelato, was my first stop), olive bar, sushi, sub station, café (like Starbucks) and more. It was a nice place. I enjoyed shopping there.

**NOTICE** do NOT put any salt as a seasoning! The salt block will take care of this! Otherwise you may have salt over load.

Tonight, I made my room mate and I an Italian theme dinner - centered around chicken breasts and asparagus. I first preheated the over to 450 with the salt block inside. Then I washed off the chicken breasts and then stabbed them with a fork (so the goodness gets all up in it). Next, I drizzled them with olive oil (on both sides), and sprinkled them with pepper, red pepper flakes, basil and rosemary. Then I squeezed half a lemon on each side. I let it finish sitting while the oven finished heating.

I placed all three chicken breasts on the salt block and put it back in the oven at 450 degrees. I let them cook 8 to 10 minutes a side for about 30 minutes (so flip them three times). Then take them out and let them sit on a plate on the site for about 10 minutes.

Next, toss on the asparagus. I did not put anything on them, I just washed them off and threw them on the salt block. There was still some left over seasoning from the chicken, so there was no need to anything additional. I let them cook about 5 minutes and then scooped them up and flipped them over.





It was freaking delicious. I love love love roasted/grilled asparagus! Hopefully, if anyone wants to try veggies on the salt block - just go with it, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment