Monday, September 19, 2011

Quattro Formaggi Pizza

I haven't posted in a while because school has been super busy, and we have unfortunately had a few members of my family pass. But nothing brings me back to a routine better than cooking I have discovered.  So last night, I made a pizza, my way. Now I will share it with you, because that is what I really enjoy doing.


Quattro Formaggi Pizza


Ingredients
Dough (see dough recipe below)
Pepperoni
Cherve
Pecorino
Tomatoes
Red Pepper Flakes
Olive Oil
Smoked Gouda
Basil
Pepper
Salt
Garlic Powder
Corn Meal
Parmesan
Kalamata Olives
Mozzarella

Dough: This is taken from this website - and it is AWESOME: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html


Directions: Pre-heat oven to 400. It is BEST to use a pizza stone, but if you don't that is ok too. Pre-heat the oven with the pizza stone in it for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the pizza stone (generously) with the corn meal (it isn't supposed to burn, so that is great for everyone). Gently roll out the dough (be careful IT IS HOT) or toss it and then apply it to the pizza stone. Once it is rolled out, apply a little bit of olive oil (I use the backside of a spoon to smooth it out all over). Add your spices (salt, pepper, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, etc). Next, add the sliced tomatoes (how ever many you want). Then add a layer of chevre cheese just crumbled. Add the kalamata olives. Then add a layer of pecorino cheese. Then add the pepperoni. Then add a layer of mozzarella and some crumbled smoked gouda.

Cook for about 30 minutes at about 325-350 depending on your oven. Keep an eye on it though because if it starts to burn it will taste horrible.

Here is how ours turned out:




No comments:

Post a Comment