Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lamb Chops that'll make ya eyes pop! (jk, but it tastes so good)

I am into word play and rhymes. What can I say?

Well, friends, neighbors, and strangers - I have been missing from action for a few months now. Did I stop cooking? ehhhh sort of. But the good news is, I AM BACK. Studying for the bar exam was, by far, the hardest thing I have ever done. It required long hours and endless amounts of self starting determination. I will not receive my results until about the first week of November. THEN I GET TO VOTE! It's hard to say which I am more excited for...well, no it's not. BAR RESULTS!

I decided to take a hiatus from Texas for a few months to come home and spend time with my family. I am incredibly close with my family and I love them very much. I have spent the past 11 years of my life living mostly over 4 hours away from them to educate myself and create a future for myself. I have missed out of a lot of events - both happy and sad, and I as I await my bar results, the timing worked out for me to come back to the east coast and help my family in this time of need. Also, my mom can take a break from cooking dinner and I can get back to being unlawful in the kitchen.

Tonight, my grandmother Ginny is coming over for dinner, and my sister and her boyfriend are in town visiting. While my sister has chosen to become vegan (bless her heart), the rest of us eat meat and cheese. My mom is supervising me as she rests in her office area.

On the menu tonight is: lamb chops with rosemary and garlic, asparagus roasted in the oven in lemon-lime-and balsamic vinegar, salad, and for the first time ever, I am attempting to make Brussels sprouts. The BS isn't my favorite vegetable, but my sister has a love for them, so I am giving it a try.

Lamb Chops  
Ingredients: 
- 8 lamb chops (approx 1/4-1/2 lb each)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup red wine
- olive oil
- salt
- pepper

Directions: Let the chops marinate in the above mixture in the fridge for about an hour. I put them in a bowl, you can choose which container is best for you.


Next, we are going to grill them, approximately 3-4 minutes a side. We are using the juice as a further enhancer as we grill. Check them by cutting into them. If they are still rare all over, cook another minute or two a side until it reaches the temperature you like. I like more on the rare side.











Glad to be back. I've really missed this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. This week's Food on Friday is all about lamb! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dish. Thanks for linking it in to Food on Friday: Lamb. I have just signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    ReplyDelete