Thursday, October 25, 2012

Herb Crusted Mustard Pork Tenderloin...told ya so!

I have about one more week to go until I receive my bar exam results. I am freaking out. My slice of sanity is cooking. So, I made my mommom one of her favorite dishes, pork tenderloin. Now, she has prepared this dish mostly the same way since I was a little young Morgan, but I improvised a little bit (What would this blog be without a little of that...right?).

Here is your Herb Crusted Mustard Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
1 package of pork tenderloin (they usually come in pairs, so this will work for either one)
1/2 cup dijon mustard
grapeseed oil
fresh herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1 large white onion
3 stalks celery
baby carrots
1 cup of chicken stock 
1 pepper (any color)
Italian bread crumbs
1 cup apple cider vinegar


Directions: Now, I used a brine to infiltrate the meat before I started cooking it. To make the brine, my mother tells me to use about a cup of brown sugar, a 1/2 cup of Kosher salt, a little pepper, a little seasoning of your choosing and a cup of hot water with a cup of apple cider vinegar. Stir together until dissolved. Then add a cup of cold water to set it and put in the meat. Let sit for one hour. 

During this time, cut the veggies. Cut the onions so that they are flat (cut the onion in half, the slice long ways). Then chop up the celery (leaves and all) and decorate around the sides. Continue this with the pepper and the carrot. 

Pre-heat the oven to 450. While the oven is heating. Take your meat (after an hour has passed) and stab it with a fork all over (not overkill, but enough to know all the goodness will seep in.). Then rub with grapeseed oil (or olive oil) and mustard. Then sprinkle italian bread crumbs over the loins and place them in the casserole dish. After these are set, add the rest of your seasonings over the veggies (as you see fit) and add the 1 cup of chicken stock. 

Cook at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 400 or 375 and continue cooking for an hour. Make sure to check occasionally since each oven is different. 

Use an external thermometer to see that the meat is cooked to about 155 degrees. 

Let it sit about 20 minutes before cutting and serving. 

GOOD LUCK. 













Yum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment