Friday, January 4, 2013

Bah Bah Blackberry Sauce over Lamb Chops

I was at the grocery store today and I was spending a lot of time at meat counter (how not typical of me...) and I look down to see some pretty nice looking lamb chops.  I needed a different kind of meat because I have been eating mostly chicken for the past month. I love it, but sometimes it just a little bland after a while. Even more so, I didn't feel like waiting for it to thaw.

The weather has been, umm, especially crappy recently. It has been cold and rainy and I just wanted something different.

Bah Bah Blackberry Sauce over Lamb Chops (Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Blackberry Sauce)

Ingredients for Lamb
2 lamb chops
dried parsley
2 cloves of garlic (smashed and diced) 
3 tablespoons of butter 
1/2 of a shallot (finely chopped) 
olive oil
fresh rosemary
salt 
pepper
italian parsley

Ingredients for Sauce
1 cup of blackberries 
2/3 cup of balsamic vinegar 
2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of whole pepper corns 
a few twists for fresh ground pepper. 
2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary

Directions for SAUCE: 

First, add all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and let it reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.


Then, strain the sauce and press all the solid objects against the strainer as to get all the good juices out.

Throw out the solids and set aside.

If you find that it isn't as thick as you like, after it is strained, put it back in the sauce pot and continue to reduce.

Directions for Pan Seared Lamb Chops:



First, preheat the oven to 400.



In a bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, parsley, and garlic - give it a good whisking.


Rub the lamb chops with a little salt and pepper. Then, in an oven safe skillet over medium high heat, add some olive oil (a little bit) and cook until they are golden brown on each side -- about three minutes per side.





Then place in the oven for about five minutes.
I served myself over a bed of arugula and baby spinach and a sliced red bell pepper, with the lamb chop and reduction over it. I let Carmen lick the plate, she seemed quite pleased.

2 comments:

  1. Morgan, what a great idea for a sauce with lamb. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole!!! I've made it a few times since I've posted, delicious each time :) please feel free to link to your blog :)

      Delete