Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yea, I want THAT Spicy Chicken Dip. NEWSFLASH - now you can have it :)

Yall, it's Friday. Due to my migrane yesterday, my boss graciously gave me the day off (even though I've been doing work and research at home). Tonight, my friend Ashley is having a girl's night at her house. It's like a slumber party hangout sesh. I am excited!

I am making my minorly famous Spicy Chicken Dip. Not to be confused with Buffalo Chicken Dip which is heavy and requires blue cheese AND cream cheese. No, none of that here. I have made this a few times and each time I have done it a little differently based on what I have in my kitchen.

Morgan's Blazin' Inferno Chicken Dip


Time Prep: 15-20 min depending on method
Cook Time: Chicken  (it depends on the method) Dip 30 min.
Serves: The masses or about 5-12 people


Ingredients:
Chicken (I have used either 5-6 chicken breasts or roasted a chicken (see other recipe in earlier post))
Siracha
Light Ranch
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Rosemary
Red Pepper Flakes
Pepper Jack Cheese
Chili Pepper Oil
Low Fat Sour Cream
Shredded Italian Medley Cheeses (like a bag of Sargento Italian mix)
Panko Bread Crumbs
Garlic (freshly mashed or from the bottle)

Chicken Breast Dip Method
I take a package of chicken breasts (frozen or fresh) and wash them off and put them in a bowl or big plate. I poke holes in them all over and massage the following seasoning into it: Salt, Pepper, Rosemary, Oregano, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes and Chili Oil. The holes allow the flavor to come in so it's not just on the outside, it's all up in it. I then let it sit for about 10-15 minutes before I start baking. You can prepare them on the stovetop just in a skillet, but I think baking tastes better. I put down some tin foil in whatever oven safe pan I am cooking in (easy cleanup and cleaner chicken). Set the oven to about 350 and let the chicken cook for about 20 min a side, make sure to flip!! After these are done, you will want to let them cool in the fridge or to a safe temperature to handle them with your hands and a sharp knife. Cut them into little squares and mix together with an entire container of light/low fat sour cream and 1/3 cup of light ranch. Mix in cheese as you see fit. I usually use some sort of brownie pan for this, so spread evenly and then add a layer of panko bread crumbs for a little crunch and bake in the oven again for 30 minutes to make sure all the cheese melts.

Roasted Chicken Dip Method
If you want to roast a full chicken instead of the chicken breasts - it is equally delicious and will taste a little different but still good. Roast the chicken using my recipe from an earlier post or whatever way you choose. Let the chicken cool after cooking and pick off all the meat and pull it apart while doing so. Add this to mixture discussed above and cook the same way.

It should come out looking something like this:

Be aware that it is HOT and SPICY.  Just the way I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment